Partnering with Tuyan
When considering strategic business partners, we look for an overall collaboration which incorporates strong teaming values, a logical business approach, technical offering, past performance, and customer relationship management.
The criteria we use to select teaming partners for specific opportunities include:
- Understanding of the customer’s mission
- Relevant customer experience
- Relevant work experience
- Financial stability
- Bonding capabilities (single & aggregate)
- Competitive pricing
- Staffing capabilities
- Ability to contribute and develop both proposal and marketing efforts
- Past performance ratings
- Awards/certifications received
Advantages of Working with a Tribally-Owned 8(a) Small Business
- Awards that cannot be protested (13CFR §124.517(a))
- Sole-source contracting above the $4M threshold (13CFR §124.506(b))
- Sole-source contracting up to $100M without justification and authorization (13CFR §124.506(b)(5))
- Sole-source contracting that eliminates the time and cost of market research, acquisition strategies, solicitation, proposal review and contractor selection
Advantages of Working with Tuyan, LLC
- Honest and transparent negotiations to meet client’s contracting needs
- Significant financial stability
- Delivery success of a large business with responsiveness of a small business
As a tribally-owned 8(a) small business, Tuyan, LLC is exempt from the competitive $4 million sole-source contracting limit placed on other 8(a) certified small businesses. The exemption opens up opportunities to negotiate sole-source contracts that maximize our client’s organizational benefits, meet their financial expectations, accomplish their missions and establish invaluable partnerships.
Sole-source contracting expedites delivery of the required services and eliminates the need for government contracting officers to execute a costly and time-consuming full acquisition process. Because a sole-source contract cannot be protested, Tuyan’s experienced technical and management staff can begin performing the contracted services immediately.